Vacancy – Manager Student Restaurant and Bar (38 hours)
Hubble Community Café, a student restaurant / bar founded by students, is looking for an experienced and flexible manager, fulltime available, able to guide a growing company and support our staff.
Salary: €2.287,00 till €2.770,00 /month (Startsalary, growing is possible based on capabilities)
Hubble Community Café was founded by students 5 years ago, as a student restaurant and bar at the TU/e-campus. Everyone is welcome to enjoy a friendly priced coffee, meal, or other drink. During the day, students and university staff members are having lunch or dinner, of simply enjoying the sun at our terrace. Hubble also facilitates catering for academic occasions and organizes and hosts all different kinds of activities. In the evening the restaurant transforms into a student bar that is run by students that want to voluntary bartends from one of the many associations Hubble has in their community.
Hubble Community Café works closely together with many student associations and organizations (the Hubble Community) and supports these associations in a financial and facility way. We want to create a living hotspot that connects people and stimulates student culture. Hubble communicates both in Dutch and English.
We are looking for a manager with experience in hospitality, who would like to work during the day and takes care of the all the daily businesses at an operational level. The function itself consists of a big variety of responsibilities and tasks that are shared with the student board of the bar. Together with the board the manager is responsible for the daily businesses, working together in a very dynamically setting.
The manager leads a team of employees and educates new employees. The manager also takes care of reservations, the staff schedule and stock. These tasks can be fulfilled according to your own interpretation. We are looking for someone who can work without strict guidelines or protocol. Working hours are mainly during the day between 10h00 and 21h00. The start date can be discussed, but preferably as soon as possible.
What will be expected?
- You love to be surrounded by people
- You have a great sense of responsibility
- You are confident and you dare to make decisions
- You are flexible and constructive
- You are patient, and you can coach employees and students
- ou are an experienced manager, preferable in hospitality or retail
- You have an Social Hygiëne (SVH) certificate, HACCP certificate, or you are prepared to achieve them
What do we have to offer you?
- The chance to be included in a growing company that can still be formed matching you ambitions and ideas
- A working environment in which we encourage groundbreaking ideas
- A dynamic working environment with a lot of possibilities and freedom
- The chance to develop yourself at different levels, and give other the chance to develop themselves as well
- The possibility to work together with students in an educational and informal setting
- Regular working hours
Do you want to work at Hubble Community Café as a manager? Send us a short motivation and your resume.
Contact: Janine van Buel, firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. We are looking for a fulltime manager, but if you are only parttime available we are also invite you to apply!